- A. geniculata is a must have for your collection.
- It is black with broad white bands on the legs joints along with thin stripes on the legs.
- Beauty coupled with size, makes this tarantula one of the better display species.
Ideal temperature between 24-28°C and humidity at 65% to 75%.
Use a spiderling vial that will allow at least 7cm of substrate for burrowing and 10cm as sub-adult-adult.
Place a bark for a starter burrow hide.
- Feed slings twice a week
- Feed adults once a week.
- Food size should be the size of the carapace.
- This species is a good eater.
- Keep a water dish in the tank.
- The growth rate of this species is fast.
- 20cm leg span.
- This is a bold tarantula, but not aggressive as an adult.
- It may use a defensive pose, but would rather retreat than stand and fight.
- It rarely kicks hair.