New World Terrestrial Tarantula
- It has dark red hairs on its abdomen and is has a heavier and thicker build than the L. parahybana
- This is an aggressive eating T.
- 23°-27°C degrees and humidity at 65%-75%
- As sling wet one half side of the terrarium where the water dish is then allow it to dry out completely. Dry substrate for juvies and older.
- This is a opportunistic burrower. As a spiderling, use a vial that would allow at least 7cm of substrate for burrowing. As sub-adult-adult use a terrarium that will allow at least 10mc of substrate.
- Place a bark for a starter burrow hide
- Feed slings twice a week.
- Feed adults once a week.
- Food size should be the size of the carapace.
- Keep a water dish in the tank.
- Dampen one-half of the substrate in the terrarium by overflowing the water dish, than I allow it to dry out.
- The growth rate for this species is medium-fast.
- Adult leg span of 19cm
- This is a bold tarantula, but not aggressive as an adult.
- It may use a defensive pose, but would rather retreat than stand and fight.
Lasiodora klugi 3 to 4cm (Bahai Scarlet Birdeater)