New World Terrestrial Tarantula
- This is a good addition to your collection.
- It is charcoal grey with red hairs on the abdomen and is heavy built; a beautiful contrasting color after a fresh molt.
- It is a good display tarantula.
- This tarantula is easy to care for.
- Ideal temperature 21°-26°C and humidity at 65-75%.
- As sling wet one half side of the terrarium where the water dish is then allow it to dry out completely. Dry substrate for juvies and older.
- Spiderling use 7cm substrate and for adults use a terrarium that will allow at 10cm of substrate.
- Place a bark for a starter burrow hide
- Feed slings twice a week.
- Feed adults once a week.
- Food size should be the size of the carapace.
- This species is an aggressive good eater, and attacks its prey with a vengeance.
- Keep a water dish in the tank
- Dampen one-half of the substrate in the terrarium by overflowing the water dish, than I allow it to dry out.
- The growth rate for this species is fast.
- Adult leg span 17cm
- This is a rather bold tarantula and is not skittish.
Acanthoscurria chacoana (Bolivian Red Rump) 13cm Female