New World Terrestrial Tarantula
Great beginner Tarantula
- This is large and is a beautiful display specimen. The larger it gets, the more colorful it becomes.
- This spider has a personality, every hobbiest must have this species.Temp/humidity:
- Ideal temperature 18°-26°C and humidity at 55%-65%.
- As sling wet one half side of the terrarium where the water dish is then allow it to dry out completely. Dry substrate for juvies and older.
- Use a terrestrial terrarium.Substrate:
- This is an opportunistic burrower. Use 10cm of substrate.Retreat/Hide:
- Placed a bark for a starter burrow hide.Food Consumption:
- Feed slings twice a week.
- Feed adults once a week.
- Food size should be the size of the carapace.
- This species is a laid back eater. The only time this tarantula refuses food is when it is near a molt.Water Requirements:
- Keep a water dish in the tank.
- Keep the substrate in the terrarium dry.Growth Rate:
- The growth rate of this species is medium.Adult Size:
- 17 - 20cm.Temperament:
- This is a laid back, easy to handle species.
- Great display T as it stays out in the open and is friendly.
Grammostola pulchripes 0,5cm to 1cm (Chaco Golden Knee)