Old World Terrestrial Tarantula
- Advanced keeper.
- This is a beautiful tarantula.
- The carapace is a work of art.
- The abdomen is a copper color with black stripes.
- It is also a prolific webber and will web the entire enclosure.
- Ideal temperatures 23-27 degrees C and humidity at 70%
- This is a obligate burrower, an adult needs 20cm of substrate to burrow and a spiderling 7cm.
- This species doesn't need a hide, it will make its own burrow.
- Feed slings twice a week.
- Feed adults once a week.
- Food size should be the size of the carapace.
- Keep a water dish in the cage.
- Keep the substrate in the terrarium dry. Every four months wet one side of the substrate, than allow it to dry out.
- The growth rate of this species is fast.
- They grow to 12cm
- Because of their defensive nature, they aren't the best species to handle.
- If approached they will usually go into a defensive posture and stridulate.
Chilobrachys fimbriatus 1cm (Indian Violet)