New World Terrestrial Tarantula
- A very delightful species to own.
- The legs on this spider are black , with a copper carapace.
- The abdomen is copper with black stripes, which make it an attractive species, thus the name Tiger rump.
- It has a bluish tint on the legs in direct sun light.
- It is a prolific webber. The care for this species is straight forward.
- This is a colorful, hardy addition to a collection.
Ideal temperature 24°-28°C and humidity at 70%-85%.
Dampen one half side of the terrarium where the water dish is then allow it to dry out completely.
Place a bark for a starter burrow hide.
Feed slings twice a week.
Feed adults once a week.
Food size should be the size of the carapace.
This tarantula is a great eater.
Keep a water dish in the tank.
The growth rate of this species is medium.
Adult leg span 10cm
- This is a docile species.
- It is more on the skittish side.