New World Fossoril Tarantula
For the advanced keeper
- This is an attractive colorful black and cream tarantula.
Ideal temperature between 22-28°C and humidity between 65-80%.
Wet one half of the terrarium where the water dish is then allow it to dry out completely.
- This is an obligate burrower, therefore a spiderling needs 7cm of substrate and an adult needs 20cm of substrate to burrow.
- This species doesn't need a hide, it will make its own burrow.
- Feed slings twice a week
- Feed adults once a week.
- Food size should be the size of the carapace.
- This species is a good eater.
- Keep a water dish in the tank.
- Keep the substrate in the terrarium damp.
- Every two months wet the substrate, than allow it to dry out.
- The growth rate of this species is fast.
- 15cm leg span.
- Because of their defensive nature, they aren't the best species to handle.
- If approached they will usually go into a threat posture.
Ephebopus murinus 1 to 2cm (Skeleton Tarantula)