New World Terrestrial Tarantula
Great beginner species
- This is a very handsome looking T.
- Rosies are notorious for long extensive fasts.
- Ideal temperature 18-26C and humidity at 55%-65%.
- As sling wet one half side of the terrarium where the water dish is then allow it to dry out completely. Dry substrate for juvies and older.
- This is an opportunistic burrower.
- As a spiderling, use a vial that would allow at least 7cm of substrate for burrowing.
- As sub-adult/adult, use a terrarium that will allow at least 10cm of substrate.
- Place a bark for a starter burrow hide.
- Feed slings twice a week..
- Feed adults once a week.
- Food size should be the size of the carapace.
- This species is a so-so eater.
- Keep a water dish in the tank.
- Keep the substrate in the terrarium dry.
- This is a slow growing species; but with proper feeding and warmth, the growth rate of this species is medium.
- They get 15cm.
- This tarantula has mood swings.
- It may allow you to pet it one day and show you her fangs the next.
- It may give a threat pose, but is reluctant to bite.
Grammostola porteri NCF 1cm (Chilean Rose)