Old World Fossorial Tarantula (previously Haplopelma longipes)
Not a beginner species
- This is a beautiful blue tarantula, but you will seldom see this species.
- They are great webbers.
- Ideal temperature between 25°-27°C and humidity 70%-80%.
- Do this by moistening one-half the substrate bi-weekly.
- This is an obligate burrower, give an adult enclosure 20cm of substrate to burrow.
- 7cm substrate for slings
- This species doesn't need a hide, it will make its own burrow.
- Feed slings twice a week..
- Feed adults once a week.
- Food size should be the size of the carapace.
- Keep a water dish in the cage.
- Keep the substrate in the terrarium moist.
- The growth rate of this species is fast.
- Because of their defensive nature, they aren't the best species to handle.
- If approached they will usually go into a defensive posture.
Cyriopagopus longipes 2cm (Vietnamese Tiger) RARE