New World Terrestrial Tarantula
Great beginner specie
- Awesome, one of the most colorful of tarantulas dwarf tarantulas.
- These buggers are also feisty, hardy and bold.
- You will not be disappointed with this species.
- Great display tarantula as it stays out of their hide a lot.
- This tarantula will make a gorgeous addition to any collection.
- Ideal temperature between 25°-27°C, humidity at 65-90%. I keep this species temperature at 80.
- Keep one-half of the substrate in the terrarium dry.
- Mist the other side once every two weeks.
- For a spiderling use vial that will allow at least 7cm of substrate for burrowing and 7cm as sub-adult-adult in a small terrarium.
- Because this is an opportunistic burrower, place a bark for a starter burrow hide.
- Feed slings twice a week..
- Feed adults once a week.
- Food size should be the size of the carapace.
- This specie is a excellent eater.
- Keep a water dish in the cage.
- The growth rate of this species is fast.
- There are two morphs, and one gets larger than the other.
- One doesn't get over 5cm and the other grow between 7-10cm.
- This is a docile but skittish specie.
Hapolopus sp. Columbia Large (Pumpkin Patch)