Old World Arboreal Tarantula
Not a beginner Tarantula
- This is a robust spider and it makes a good display tarantula.
- This species is the most common of the Pokies. If you like arboreals, you probably will end up with this species.
- This Pokie has a ghostly appearance with beautiful markings. The under legs are a bright lemon yellow.
- Because of its speed, and toxin, this species is not recommended as a beginner tarantula.
- Ideal temperature 25°-28°C and the humidity at 65%-75%.
- The substrate in the terrarium is kept dry; mist once a week and monthly, then allow it to dry out completely.
- This is a arboreal tarantula.
- As spiderling or juvenile, I put a twig in the vial so it may climb.
- When they get 7cm house them in their permanent enclosures.
- They should be given a vertical branch or cork to climb upon.
- Their enclosure should be taller than longer.
- A 25cm vertical bark leaned against the cage.
- Feed slings twice a week.
- Feed adults once a week.
- Food size should be the size of the carapace.
- Glue a small container for water to the bark and mist.
- This is a fast growing tarantula.
- Adult leg span 17cm.
- This is a very fast moving spider.
- It is not what I would consider a defensive tarantula, but will probably bite if provoked.
Poecilotheria Regalis 2cm (Indian Ornamental)