New World Terrestrial Tarantula
Great beginner tarrantula
- This is a spectacular species.
- They grow large and stocky.
- Very beautyfull with red legs and carapace.
- Good display tarantula.
- Ideal temperature of 21°-29°C degrees and humidity at 65%-80%
- As sling wet one half side of the terrarium where the water dish is then allow it to dry out completely. Dry substrate for juvies and older.
- This specie like the terrarium a little more moist than the other Brachypelma species.
- Use a spiderling vial that will allow at least 7cm of substrate for burrowing and 10cm as sub-adult-adult.
- Place a bark for a starter burrow hide.
- Feed slings twice a week.
- Feed adults once a week.
- Food size should be the size of the carapace.
- This species is a excellent eater.
- Keep a water dish in the tank.
- The growth rate of this species is medium.
- Adult leg span 15cm
- This is a skittish species.
- Prone to kicking urticating hairs.
- This tarantula should not be handled.
Brachypelma boehmei 1cm (Mexican Fire Leg)