Old World Fossoril Tarantula
For the advanced keeper
- As a sling, it ia a chocolate brown color, although as an adult it will be mature into a smoky dark brown/black coloration.
- They move very fast.
- They make a load whistling/hissing sound by using its body hair when agitated.
Ideal temperature between 22-25°C and humidity at 80%.
Deep damp substrate.
- This is an obligate burrower, therefore a spiderling needs 7cm of substrate and an adult needs 20cm of substrate to burrow.
- This species doesn't need a hide, it will make its own burrow.
- Feed slings twice a week
- Feed adults once a week.
- Food size should be the size of the carapace.
- This species is a good eater.
- Keep a water dish in the tank.
- Keep the substrate in the terrarium damp.
- The growth rate of this species is fast.
- 20cm to 22cm leg span.
- Because of their defensive nature, they aren't the best species to handle.
- If approached they will usually go into a threat posture.
Phlogius (Selenocosmia) crassipes 2cm (Australian Barking Spider)
R180,00 Regular Price