Old World Arboreal Tarantula
- This Pokie species is a striking royal blue.
- The leg undersides are a bright lemon yellow. It is reported that the toxin from this tarantula is stronger than most tarantulas.
- This tarantula is considered as fairly docile for a pokie.
- Ideal temperature between 25°-27°C and the humidity between 65%-75%.
- The substrate in the terrarium is kept basically dry.
- Mist once a week, and monthly I wet the substrate, than allow it to dry out completely.
- They should be given a vertical branch or cork to climb upon. Their terrarium should be taller than longer.
- Place a 25.4cm vertical bark leaned against the terrarium.
- Feed slings twice a week. Feed adults once a week.
- Food size shold be the same size as the carapace.
- This species is a excellent eater.
- Glue water dishes to the bark and sides of the terrarium, mist weekly.
- This is a fast growing tarantula.
- This is a very fast moving spider.
- It is not considered a defensive tarantula, but will probably bite if provoked.
Poecilotheria metallica 3cm (Gooty Sapphire Ornamental)