Old World Arboreal Tarantula
Not a beginner tarantula
- This Pokie species has a ghostly appearance with beautiful markings and potent venom.
- The legs underside is bright lemon yellow.
- It is reported that the toxin from this tarantula is stronger than most tarantulas. Because of its speed, and toxin, this species is not recommended as a beginner tarantula.
- Ideal temperature 25.5°-27.8°C and the humidity at 65%-75%.
- The substrate in the terrarium is kept moist; mist once a week, and monthly I wet the substrate, than allow it to dry out completely.
- This is a arboreal tarantula. As spiderling or juvenile, I put a twig in the vial so it may climb.
- When they reach 7cm housed them in their permanent enclosures.
- They should be given a vertical branch or cork to climb upon.
- Their enclosure should be taller than longer.
- A 25cm vertical bark leaned against the cage.
- Feed slings twice a week.
- Feed adults once a week.
- Food size should be the size of the carapace.
- Glued a small bottle cap to the bark that is leaning against the cage for water and mist.
- This is a fast growing tarantula.
- Adult leg span 25cm
- This is a very fast moving spider.
- It is not what I would consider a defensive tarantula, but will probably bite if provoked.
Poecilotheria fasciata 2cm (Sri Lankan Ornamental )