Old World Arboreal Tarantula
Not a beginner tarantula
- This baboon has a ghostly appearance with beautiful markings and is very secluded.
- It is reported that the toxin from this tarantula is stronger than most tarantulas.
- Because of its speed, defensiveness, and toxin, this species is not recommended as a beginner tarantula.
- Ideal temperature 24°-29°C and the humidity at 60%-70%.
- Keep the terrarium dry; but once every other month, moisten the substrate, then allow it to dry out completely.
- This is a arboreal tarantula, but as a spiderling or juvenile, they prefer to live on or close to the ground in captivity; put a twig in case it want to climb.
- When they get 7cm leg span give them a vertical branch or cork to climb upon.
- Therefore the enclosure should be taller than longer.
- 3cm of substrate in vial, deli cup for spiderlings, and 5cm in a terrarium for sub-adult to adult.
- A 24cm vertical bark leaned against the cage.
- Feed slings twice a week.
- Feed adults once a week.
- Food size should be the size of the carapace.
- This species is a excellent eater.
- Glue a small container for water to the bark.
- This is a fast growing tarantula.
- Adult leg span 15cm
- This is a secretive, but is a very fast moving spider.
- It is very defensive also and will bite if provoked.
Heteroscodra maculata 1cm (Togo Starburst Baboon)
Please see our Store policies: Returns and Exchange policies