New World Arboreal Tarantula
This is not a beginner tarantula
- This is a beautiful specie, olive green appearance with striking markings on the legs.
- When this species reaches about 15cm, it tends to stay out more in the open.
- This is an intermediate species between the Avicularia and the Poecilotheria Genus.
- This specie will give you an experience with a large fast moving arboreal without the potent toxin.
- Ideal temperature between 25°-28°C and the humidity at 70%-80%.
- The substrate in the terrarium is kept moist.
- This is an arboreal tarantula. As a spiderling or juvenile, put a twig in the vial so it may climb , but they normally spend most of the time webbed in at the base of the twigs as though it is a terrestrial species.
- When they get between 7cm-10cm) housed them in their permanent enclosures.
- They should be given a hollow vertical branch or cork to climb into.
- Their enclosure should be vertical.
- Use a 25cm vertical barreled cork bark and lean it against the cage .
- Feed slings twice a week.
- Feed adults once a week.
- Food size should be the size of the carapace.
- Glued a small bottle cap to the bark that is leaning against the cage for water and mist periodically.
- This is a fast growing tarantula.
- Leg span 17cm
- This can be a very fast moving spider if startled.
- This is not consider a defensive tarantula, but will probably bite if provoked.
Psalmopoeus cambridgei (Trinidad Chevron)
Please see our Store policies: Returns and Exchange policies